Buick Achievers Scholarship Recipients Chosen
By: Chaiti Sen
July 20, 2011 9:55 am ET
Buick and the General Motors Foundation named 1,100 recipients of the Buick Achievers Scholarship Program today (July 20), including 100 outstanding students from across the United States who will each receive a scholarship of up to $25,000 renewable for up to four years.
The $4.5 million-per-year scholarship program, announced in February, recognizes and rewards college-bound students who excel both in the classroom and in the community. The program is funded by the GM Foundation and is among the largest awarded over multiple years.
A special congratulations to our Northeast Region recipients:
Please join us in sharing well wishes as our NER winners go off to some amazing schools this fall!
- Lauren Roberge: Bristol, Conn. (Accounting, Bentley University)
- Ofonime Udo-Okon: Stratford, Conn. (Business Administration, University of Connecticut at Stamford)
- Jacob Fenuccio: Sutton, Mass. (Mechanical Engineering, Northeastern University)
- Jevon Yu: Billerica, Mass. (Electrical Engineering, Cornell University)
- Won Lee: Montvale, N.J. (Chemical Engineering, Harvard College)
- Kara Teehan: Red Bank, N.J. (Mathematics, Richard Stockton College of New Jersey)
- Adrian Jones: Harrisburg, Pa. (Mechanical Engineering, Harvard College)
For more information about this announcement, please click here.